Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, May 29, 2020

Unconditional Love For Animals - pt. 2

My father was used to go every Sunday to the fair of Caxias (a town in the outskirts of Rio) and once he brought 2 little chicks for me and my brother. In one week, my little chick had became fat and learned how to follow me while my brother's was weak, mistreated and I don't know how to explain, suddenly and inexplicably, a piece of wood fell over it, consequently killing it. I was on the shower and as soon as I finished it, I asked to Nilza's sister, who lived with my family, where was my little chick. She replied that due to the death of my brother's little chick, my mother ordered my father to put an end on my little chick's life, throwing it on the thrash can, so I ran and opened it, rolled it on a piece of fabric as well as I did to my brother's, kissed them and my mother again took them off my hands and threw them again into the thrash can, menacing to beat me if I get them once again, to conclude it, she said I would be a company to them. Her justification for killing my little chick was absurd, she said mine would be missing the other who died.

Kátia Paes

No comments:

Post a Comment